What is reprehensible acts of ritual prayer? What are the things that should be condemned at the prayer?
The following are the reprehensible acts of prayer:
- Performing prayer in places where it is reprehensible to perform a prayer. For example, performing prayers on people’s path, in markets, in bath houses, in camel pens, in places where animals are slaughtered, in waste yards, and cemeteries.
- Performing prayers heedlessly, drowsily, when there is a need to go to the restroom, and when a meal is all set.
- Closing one’s eyes, looking around, raising one’s eyes up towards the sky while performing the prayer.
- Performing prayer by leaning on something or on one foot.
- Placing the hands on the belly.
- Being busy with something else during the prayer. For example, wiping the face, tidying up one’s hair, placing the hand on one’s mouth, blowing towards oneself, or toying with pebbles while prostrating.
- Spitting towards the qiblah or to the right side.
- Pulling pants or skirts up when going down to ruku’ and bending the head down lower than the back.
- Reciting out loud when it is necessary to recite silently or vice versa.
- Crossing fingers or cracking knuckles of the fingers.
- Neglecting the Sunnah acts of prayer.