How is good morality against the quran? What does the Quran say about morality?
The Qur’an is the last and supreme divine book. It is a manifestation of Allah Almighty’s attribute of speech. In many verses, the lofty attributes of the Holy Qur’an are mentioned. Some of them are as follows:
“And We have bestowed upon you the Seven Oft-repeated (verses) and the Grand Qur’an.” (al-Hijr, 15: 87)
“Qaf: By the Glorious Qur’an!” (Qaf, 50: 1)
“And verily, it (the Qur’an) is in the Mother of the Book, in Our Presence, high (in dignity), full of wisdom.” (al-Zukhruf, 43: 4)
The Holy Qur’an is one of the symbols of Allah. Allah Almighty orders us to avoid disrespecting these symbols He has placed on the earth. (al-Maida, 5: 2.) He states that those who honor and respect them will achieve goodness. The following is stated in verses:
“Such (is the Pilgrimage): whoever honors the sacred rites of Allah, for him it is good in the Sight of his Lord…” (al-Hajj, 22: 30)
“Such (is his state): and whoever holds in honor the symbols of Allah, such (honor) should come truly from piety of heart.” (al-Hajj, 22: 32)
The first condition of making good use of the Qur’an is to approach it with a sense of decency and respect. Because this state of respect is a manifestation of the importance attributed to the Qur’an.
In showing respect to the Qur’an, we can mention the following:
– In order to honor the Qur’an, one should not keep it below the waist level.
– While reading, he should hold it close to his chest or place it on anything in front of him, not on the ground.
– Likewise, he should not leave the Qur’an open or place any books or objects on it. The Qur’an must always be above all other books.
– He should not enter places where there is impurity such as toilets and bathrooms, and he should not read the Qur’an there.
– Likewise, he should not read the Qur’an when he is sleepy and he is not aware what he is saying.
– One should not pass a day without looking at the Holy Qur’an at least once.
– One should not recite the Qur’an in markets, in places where there is noise, in inappropriate places where vain business is carried out.
– The verses of the Holy Qur’an should not be written on inappropriate places.
– When writing them on a suitable place, it should not be written with incomplete, small and bad-looking calligraphy.
– When talking about the Qur’an and its verses, one should always speak respectfully.
– If it is dusty, it should be cleaned immediately.
– A paper on which the word of Allah and His Messenger is written should not be used to wrap food or anything else, such papers should not be torn and thrown away, and if they need to be destroyed, they should be burned or buried in a clean soil at a remote place.
– One should not lay down extending his feet in the direction of the Qur’an.
Source; ISLAMIC ETIQUETTE, Faruk KANGER – Lokman HELVACI, Erkam Publications