Surah Yaseen in English and Arabic pronunciation and meaning. When and where was Surah Yaseen revealed? How many verses is Surah Yasin? What does Surah Yasin tell? What are the virtues and secrets of Yasin-i Sharif? What is the virtue of reciting Surah Yaseen? What are the hadiths about Surah Yasin? Everything you need to know about the surah Yasin-i sharif, which is defined as the heart of the Qur’an…
Yasin-i sharif (Surah Yasin) was revealed in Mecca. It is 83 verses. It takes its name from the word يٰسٓ (Yâsîn) in the first verse. It is the 36th surah in the order. It is one of the Makki surahs and was revealed after the Jinn surah.
Hadith:“Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Quran is Surah Yasin; whoever reads it, it is as if he has read the Quran ten times.” (Tirmizî, Fedâilu’l-Kur’n, 7; Dârimî, Fedâilu’l-Kur’ân, 21)
Surah Yaseen Reading Arabic And English
Surah Yaseen (Yasin) 1. Page
Surah Yaseen (Yasin) 2. Page
Surah Yaseen (Yasin) 3. Page
Surah Yaseen (Yasin) 4. Page
Surah Yaseen (Yasin) 5. Page
Surah Yaseen (Yasin) 6. Page
Read Surah Yaseen İn English
( * It is not considered appropriate to read the Quran from English pronunciation. Since the verses are searched in English, they have been added to our site. It is recommended and most accurate to learn Arabic and read the Quran in Arabic. )
- Waalqurani alhakeemi
- Innaka lamina almursaleena
- AAala siratin mustaqeemin
- Tanzeela alAAazeezi alrraheemi
- Litunthira qawman ma onthira abaohum fahum ghafiloona
- Laqad haqqa alqawlu AAala aktharihim fahum la yuminoona
- Inna jaAAalna fee aAAnaqihim aghlalan fahiya ila alathqani fahum muqmahoona
- WajaAAalna min bayni aydeehim saddan wamin khalfihim saddan faaghshaynahum fahum la yubsiroona
- Wasawaon AAalayhim aanthartahum am lam tunthirhum la yuminoona
- Innama tunthiru mani ittabaAAa alththikra wakhashiya alrrahmana bialghaybi fabashshirhu bimaghfiratin waajrin kareemin
- Inna nahnu nuhyee almawta wanaktubu ma qaddamoo waatharahum wakulla shayin ahsaynahu fee imamin mubeenin
- Waidrib lahum mathalan ashaba alqaryati ith jaaha almursaloona
- Ith arsalna ilayhimu ithnayni fakaththaboohuma faAAazzazna bithalithin faqaloo inna ilaykum mursaloona
- Qaloo ma antum illa basharun mithluna wama anzala alrrahmanu min shayin in antum illa takthiboona
- Qaloo rabbuna yaAAlamu inna ilaykum lamursaloona
- Wama AAalayna illa albalaghu almubeenu
- Qaloo inna tatayyarna bikum lain lam tantahoo lanarjumannakum walayamassannakum minna AAathabun aleemun
- Qaloo tairukum maAAakum ain thukkirtum bal antum qawmun musrifoona
- Wajaa min aqsa almadeenati rajulun yasAAa qala ya qawmi ittabiAAoo almursaleena
- IttabiAAoo man la yasalukum ajran wahum muhtadoona
- Wama liya la aAAbudu allathee fataranee wailayhi turjaAAoona
- Aattakhithu min doonihi alihatan in yuridni alrrahmanu bidurrin la tughni AAannee shafaAAatuhum shayan wala yunqithooni
- Innee ithan lafee dalalin mubeenin
- Innee amantu birabbikum faismaAAooni
- Qeela odkhuli aljannata qala ya layta qawmee yaAAlamoona
- Bima ghafara lee rabbee wajaAAalanee mina almukrameena
- Wama anzalna AAala qawmihi min baAAdihi min jundin mina alssamai wama kunna munzileena
- In kanat illa sayhatan wahidatan faitha hum khamidoona
- Ya hasratan AAala alAAibadi ma yateehim min rasoolin illa kanoo bihi yastahzioona
- Alam yaraw kam ahlakna qablahum mina alqurooni annahum ilayhim la yarjiAAoona
- Wain kullun lamma jameeAAun ladayna muhdaroona
- Waayatun lahumu alardu almaytatu ahyaynaha waakhrajna minha habban faminhu yakuloona
- WajaAAalna feeha jannatin min nakheelin waaAAnabin wafajjarna feeha mina alAAuyooni
- Liyakuloo min thamarihi wama AAamilathu aydeehim afala yashkuroona
- Subhana allathee khalaqa alazwaja kullaha mimma tunbitu alardu wamin anfusihim wamimma la yaAAlamoona
- Waayatun lahumu allaylu naslakhu minhu alnnahara faitha hum muthlimoona
- Waalshshamsu tajree limustaqarrin laha thalika taqdeeru alAAazeezi alAAaleemi
- Waalqamara qaddarnahu manazila hatta AAada kaalAAurjooni alqadeemi
- La alshshamsu yanbaghee laha an tudrika alqamara wala allaylu sabiqu alnnahari wakullun fee falakin yasbahoona
- Waayatun lahum anna hamalna thurriyyatahum fee alfulki almashhooni
- Wakhalaqna lahum min mithlihi ma yarkaboona
- Wain nasha nughriqhum fala sareekha lahum wala hum yunqathoona
- Illa rahmatan minna wamataAAan ila heenin
- Waitha qeela lahumu ittaqoo ma bayna aydeekum wama khalfakum laAAallakum turhamoona
- Wama tateehim min ayatin min ayati rabbihim illa kanoo AAanha muAArideena
- Waitha qeela lahum anfiqoo mimma razaqakumu Allahu qala allatheena kafaroo lillatheena amanoo anutAAimu man law yashao Allahu atAAamahu in antum illa fee dalalin mubeenin
- Wayaqooloona mata hatha alwaAAdu in kuntum sadiqeena
- Ma yanthuroona illa sayhatan wahidatan takhuthuhum wahum yakhissimoona
- Fala yastateeAAoona tawsiyatan wala ila ahlihim yarjiAAoona
- Wanufikha fee alssoori faitha hum mina alajdathi ila rabbihim yansiloona
- Qaloo ya waylana man baAAathana min marqadina hatha ma waAAada alrrahmanu wasadaqa almursaloona
- In kanat illa sayhatan wahidatan faitha hum jameeAAun ladayna muhdaroona
- Faalyawma la tuthlamu nafsun shayan wala tujzawna illa ma kuntum taAAmaloona
- Inna ashaba aljannati alyawma fee shughulin fakihoona
- Hum waazwajuhum fee thilalin AAala alaraiki muttakioona
- Lahum feeha fakihatun walahum ma yaddaAAoona
- Salamun qawlan min rabbin raheemin
- Waimtazoo alyawma ayyuha almujrimoona
- Alam aAAhad ilaykum ya banee adama an la taAAbudoo alshshaytana innahu lakum AAaduwwun mubeenun
- Waani oAAbudoonee hatha siratun mustaqeemun
- Walaqad adalla minkum jibillan katheeran afalam takoonoo taAAqiloona
- Hathihi jahannamu allatee kuntum tooAAadoona
- Islawha alyawma bima kuntum takfuroona
- Alyawma nakhtimu AAala afwahihim watukallimuna aydeehim watashhadu arjuluhum bima kanoo yaksiboona
- Walaw nashao latamasna AAala aAAyunihim faistabaqoo alssirata faanna yubsiroona
- Walaw nashao lamasakhnahum AAala makanatihim fama istataAAoo mudiyyan wala yarjiAAoona
- Waman nuAAammirhu nunakkishu fee alkhalqi afala yaAAqiloona
- Wama AAallamnahu alshshiAAra wama yanbaghee lahu in huwa illa thikrun waquranun mubeenun
- Liyunthira man kana hayyan wayahiqqa alqawlu AAala alkafireena
- Awalam yaraw anna khalaqna lahum mimma AAamilat aydeena anAAaman fahum laha malikoona
- Wathallalnaha lahum faminha rakoobuhum waminha yakuloona
- Walahum feeha manafiAAu wamasharibu afala yashkuroona
- Waittakhathoo min dooni Allahi alihatan laAAallahum yunsaroona
- La yastateeAAoona nasrahum wahum lahum jundun muhdaroona
- Fala yahzunka qawluhum inna naAAlamu ma yusirroona wama yuAAlinoona
- Awalam yara alinsanu anna khalaqnahu min nutfatin faitha huwa khaseemun mubeenun
- Wadaraba lana mathalan wanasiya khalqahu qala man yuhyee alAAithama wahiya rameemun
- Qul yuhyeeha allathee anshaaha awwala marratin wahuwa bikulli khalqin AAaleemun
- Allathee jaAAala lakum mina alshshajari alakhdari naran faitha antum minhu tooqidoona
- Awalaysa allathee khalaqa alssamawati waalarda biqadirin AAala an yakhluqa mithlahum bala wahuwa alkhallaqu alAAaleemu
- Innama amruhu itha arada shayan an yaqoola lahu kun fayakoonu
- Fasubhana allathee biyadihi malakootu kulli shayin wailayhi turjaAAoona
Listen Surah Yaseen Video
Surah Yaseen Meaning İn English
Surah Yasin 1: Ya Sin.
Surah Yasin 2: By the Qur´an, full of Wisdom,-
Surah Yasin 3: Thou art indeed one of the messengers,
Surah Yasin 4: On a Straight Way.
Surah Yasin 5: It is a Revelation sent down by (Him), the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.
Surah Yasin 6: In order that thou mayest admonish a people, whose fathers had received no admonition, and who therefore remain heedless (of the Signs of Allah..
Surah Yasin 7: The Word is proved true against the greater part of them: for they do not believe.
Surah Yasin 8: We have put yokes round their necks right up to their chins, so that their heads are forced up (and they cannot see).
Surah Yasin 9: And We have put a bar in front of them and a bar behind them, and further, We have covered them up; so that they cannot see.
Surah Yasin 10: The same is it to them whether thou admonish them or thou do not admonish them: they will not believe.
Surah Yasin 11: Thou canst but admonish such a one as follows the Message and fears the (Lord) Most Gracious, unseen: give such a one, therefore, good tidings, of Forgiveness and a Reward most generous.
Surah Yasin 12: Verily We shall give life to the dead, and We record that which they send before and that which they leave behind, and of all things have We taken account in a clear Book (of evidence).
Surah Yasin 13: Set forth to them, by way of a parable, the (story of) the Companions of the City. Behold!, there came messengers to it.
Surah Yasin 14: When We (first) sent to them two messengers, they rejected them: But We strengthened them with a third: they said, “Truly, we have been sent on a mission to you.”
Surah Yasin 15: The (people) said: “Ye are only men like ourselves; and (Allah) Most Gracious sends no sort of revelation: ye do nothing but lie.”
Surah Yasin 16: They said: “Our Lord doth know that we have been sent on a mission to you:
Surah Yasin 17: “And our duty is only to proclaim the clear Message.”
Surah Yasin 18: The (people) said: “for us, we augur an evil omen from you: if ye desist not, we will certainly stone you. And a grievous punishment indeed will be inflicted on you by us.”
Surah Yasin 19: They said: “Your evil omens are with yourselves: (deem ye this an evil omen). If ye are admonished? Nay, but ye are a people transgressing all bounds!”
Surah Yasin 20: Then there came running, from the farthest part of the City, a man, saying, “O my people! Obey the messengers:
Surah Yasin 21: “Obey those who ask no reward of you (for themselves), and who have themselves received Guidance.
Surah Yasin 22: “It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back.
Surah Yasin 23: “Shall I take (other) gods besides Him? If ((Allah)) Most Gracious should intend some adversity for me, of no use whatever will be their intercession for me, nor can they deliver me.
Surah Yasin 24: “I would indeed, if I were to do so, be in manifest Error.
Surah Yasin 25: “For me, I have faith in the Lord of you (all): listen, then, to me!”
Surah Yasin 26: It was said: “Enter thou the Garden.” He said: “Ah me! Would that my People knew (what I know)!-
Surah Yasin 27: “For that my Lord has granted me Forgiveness and has enrolled me among those held in honour!”
Surah Yasin 28: And We sent not down against his People, after him, any hosts from heaven, nor was it needful for Us so to do.
Surah Yasin 29: It was no more than a single mighty Blast, and behold! they were (like ashes) quenched and silent.
Surah Yasin 30: Ah! Alas for (My) Servants! There comes not a messenger to them but they mock him!
Surah Yasin 31: See they not how many generations before them we destroyed? Not to them will they return:
Surah Yasin 32: But each one of them all – will be brought before Us (for judgment).
Surah Yasin 33: A Sign for them is the earth that is dead: We do give it life, and produce grain therefrom, of which ye do eat.
Surah Yasin 34: And We produce therein orchard with date palms and vines, and We cause springs to gush forth therein:
Surah Yasin 35: That they may enjoy the fruits of this (artistry): It was not their hands that made this: will they not then give thanks?
Surah Yasin 36: Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge.
Surah Yasin 37: And a Sign for them is the Night: We withdraw therefrom the Day, and behold they are plunged in darkness;
Surah Yasin 38: And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.
Surah Yasin 39: And the Moon,- We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till she returns like the old (and withered) lower part of a date stalk.
Surah Yasin 40: It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law).
Surah Yasin 41: And a Sign for them is that We bore their race (through the Flood) in the loaded Ark;
Surah Yasin 42: And We have created for them similar (vessels) on which they ride.
Surah Yasin 43: If it were Our Will, We could drown them: then would there be no helper (to hear their cry), nor could they be delivered,
Surah Yasin 44: Except by way of Mercy from Us, and by way of (world) convenience (to serve them) for a time.
Surah Yasin 45: When they are told, “Fear ye that which is before you and that which will be after you, in order that ye may receive Mercy,” (they turn back).
Surah Yasin 46: Not a Sign comes to them from among the Signs of their Lord, but they turn away therefrom.
Surah Yasin 47: And when they are told, “Spend ye of (the bounties) with which Allah has provided you,” the Unbelievers say to those who believe: “Shall we then feed those whom, if Allah had so willed, He would have fed, (Himself)?- Ye are in nothing but manifest error.”
Surah Yasin 48: Further, they say, “When will this promise (come to pass), if what ye say is true?”
Surah Yasin 49: They will not (have to) wait for aught but a single Blast: it will seize them while they are yet disputing among themselves!
Surah Yasin 50: No (chance) will they then have, by will, to dispose (of their affairs), nor to return to their own people!
Surah Yasin 51: The trumpet shall be sounded, when behold! from the sepulchres (men) will rush forth to their Lord!
Surah Yasin 52: They will say: “Ah! Woe unto us! Who hath raised us up from our beds of repose?”… (A voice will say:) “This is what ((Allah)) Most Gracious had promised. And true was the word of the messengers!”
Surah Yasin 53: It will be no more than a single Blast, when lo! they will all be brought up before Us!
Surah Yasin 54: Then, on that Day, not a soul will be wronged in the least, and ye shall but be repaid the meeds of your past Deeds.
Surah Yasin 55: Verily the Companions of the Garden shall that Day have joy in all that they do;
Surah Yasin 56: They and their associates will be in groves of (cool) shade, reclining on Thrones (of dignity);
Surah Yasin 57: (Every) fruit (enjoyment) will be there for them; they shall have whatever they call for;
Surah Yasin 58: “Peace!” – a Word (of salutation) from a Lord Most Merciful!
Surah Yasin 59: “And O ye in sin! Get ye apart this Day!
Surah Yasin 60: “Did I not enjoin on you, O ye Children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed?-
Surah Yasin 61: “And that ye should worship Me, (for that) this was the Straight Way?
Surah Yasin 62: “But he did lead astray a great multitude of you. Did ye not, then, understand?
Surah Yasin 63: “This is the Hell of which ye were (repeatedly) warned!
Surah Yasin 64: “Embrace ye the (Fire) this Day, for that ye (persistently) rejected (Truth).”
Surah Yasin 65: That Day shall We set a seal on their mouths. But their hands will speak to us, and their feet bear witness, to all that they did.
Surah Yasin 66: If it had been our Will, We could surely have blotted out their eyes; then should they have run about groping for the Path, but how could they have seen?
Surah Yasin 67: And if it had been Our Will, We could have transformed them (to remain) in their places; then should they have been unable to move about, nor could they have returned (after error).
Surah Yasin 68: If We grant long life to any, We cause him to be reversed in nature: Will they not then understand?
Surah Yasin 69: We have not instructed the (Prophet) in Poetry, nor is it meet for him: this is no less than a Message and a Qur´an making things clear:
Surah Yasin 70: That it may give admonition to any (who are) alive, and that the charge may be proved against those who reject (Truth).
Surah Yasin 71: See they not that it is We Who have created for them – among the things which Our hands have fashioned – cattle, which are under their dominion?-
Surah Yasin 72: And that We have subjected them to their (use)? of them some do carry them and some they eat:
Surah Yasin 73: And they have (other) profits from them (besides), and they get (milk) to drink. Will they not then be grateful?
Surah Yasin 74: Yet they take (for worship) gods other than Allah, (hoping) that they might be helped!
Surah Yasin 75: They have not the power to help them: but they will be brought up (before Our Judgment-seat) as a troop (to be condemned).
Surah Yasin 76: Let not their speech, then, grieve thee. Verily We know what they hide as well as what they disclose.
Surah Yasin 77: Doth not man see that it is We Who created him from sperm? yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open adversary!
Surah Yasin 78: And he makes comparisons for Us, and forgets his own (origin and) Creation: He says, “Who can give life to (dry) bones and decomposed ones (at that)?”
Surah Yasin 79: Say, “He will give them life Who created them for the first time! for He is Well-versed in every kind of creation!-
Surah Yasin 80: “The same Who produces for you fire out of the green tree, when behold! ye kindle therewith (your own fires)!
Surah Yasin 81: “Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like thereof?” – Yea, indeed! for He is the Creator Supreme, of skill and knowledge (infinite)!
Surah Yasin 82: Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, “be”, and it is!
Surah Yasin 83: So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will ye be all brought back.
What is Surah Ya-Sin?
Surah Ya-Sin is one of the Makkan surahs of the Quran, containing eighty-three verses, with frequent pauses and short phrases which has a strong effect on the believing soul.
What is the subject matter of Surah Ya-Sin?
The main subject matter of Surah Ya-Sin is the same as other Makkan surahs; it speaks of Tawhid al-uluhiyyah and Tawhid al-rububiyyah (the Oneness of Allah and of His Lordship) and the punishment for those who disbelieve in that. The issue that is focused on in this surah is the issue of the Resurrection.
Hadiths about the virtues of Surah Ya-Sin: Authentic?
There are a number of ahadith which speak of the virtues of this surah, most of which are, however, false and fabricated, and some of which are slightly weak (da’if). We have not found any sahih hadith which speaks specifically of the virtues of Surah Ya-Sin.
Examples of hadiths about the virtues of Surah Ya-Sin
Among the reports which have been narrated concerning its virtues but classed as da’if by the scholars of hadith include the following, which we are only quoting here to warn about them:
“Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Quran is Ya-Sin; whoever reads it, it is as if he has read the Quran ten times.”
“Whoever reads Surah Ya-Sin in one night will be forgiven in the morning.”
“Whoever continues to read it every night then dies, will die as a shahid (martyr).”
“Whoever enters the graveyard and reads Surah Ya-Sin, their (punishment) will be reduced that day, and he will have hasanat (reward) equal to the number of people in the graveyard.” See: al-Mawdu’at by Ibn al-Jawzi (2/313); al-Fawaid al-Majmu’ah by al-Shawkani (979, 942). See also the essay Hadith Qalb al-Quran Ya-Sin fi’l-Mizan wa Jumlat mimma ruwiya fi Fadailiha by Shaykh Muhammad ‘Amr ‘Abd al-Latif, may Allah preserve him.
‘Ya-Sin is for that for which it is read’: Is it an authentic hadith?
Some people narrate a hadith which says “Ya-Sin is for that for which it is read,” meaning that reading Surah Ya-Sin may cause needs to be met and may make things easier, according to the intention of the reader when he reads it.
We must note that it is incorrect to attribute these words to the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or to any of the scholars among the Sahabah, Tabi’in or imams. No such words have been narrated from any of them, rather they pointed out that this is false.
Al-Sakhawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said of this hadith:
“There is no basis for this version.” Al-Maqasid al-Hasanah (741). Al-Qadi Zakariyya said in Hashiyat al-Baydawi: it is mawdu’ (fabricated), as it says in Kashf al-Khafa (2/2215).
Something similar appears in al-Shadharah fi’l-Ahadith al-Mushtaharah by Ibn Tulun al-Salihi (2/1158) and in al-Asrar al-Marfu’ah by al-Qari (619), and elsewhere. See the essay by Shaykh Muhammad ‘Amr referred to above, Hadith Qalb al-Quran Ya-Sin …, p. 80.
It is not permissible for anyone to attribute this hadith to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) or to speak of it in people’s gatherings. Whoever claims that experience shows this hadith to be true should be told: Experience also shows that for many of those who read Ya-Sin to have their needs met, Allah did not meet their needs, so why should we accept your experience and not the experience of others?
What Imam Ibn Kathir quoted in Tafsir al-Quran il-‘Azim (3/742) from some of the scholars, that one of the qualities of this surah is that “it is never recited in the event of some difficult matter but Allah makes it easy” is ijtihad on their part, for which there is no evidence from the Quran or Sunnah, or from the words of the Sahabah or Tabi’in. Such ijtihad cannot be attributed to Allah or His Messenger, rather it can only be attributed to the one who said it, who may be right or wrong. It is not permissible to attribute to the Book of Allah or the Sunnah of His Messenger anything but that which we are certain is part of it. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Say (O Muhammad): (But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al-Fawahish (great evil sins and every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge” [al-A’raf 7:33]
What about those whose needs are met when they read Surah Ya-Sin?
We should point out here that many of those whose needs are met when they call upon Allah (du’a) or recite such verses, have their needs met because of the humility and need for Allah that they feel in their hearts, and their sincere turning to Him, not because of the du’a that they recited or the du’a that they offered beside a grave, and so on.
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
“The reason why the needs of some of those who offered haram du’as are met is that one of them may be in desperate need, such that even if a mushrik were in that state, praying beside an idol, he would receive a response, because of his sincere turning to Allah, even though saying du’a beside the idol is shirk, even if his need is met by means of the one that he is taking as a mediator with Allah, whether it is the occupant of the grave or someone else, still he will be punished for that and will be thrown into Hell, if Allah does not forgive him.
Then he said: Hence many people get it wrong, because they hear about some prominent righteous people did an act of worship or recited a certain du’a and they found that that act or worship or du’a had an effect, so they took that as evidence that this act of worship or du’a is something good to do, and they regard that action as a Sunnah, as if a prophet had done it. This is a mistake for the reasons we have mentioned above, especially since the effects of that action only came as the result of sincerity in the person’s heart when he did it, then his followers do it without sincerity, so they are harmed by it, because this action is not prescribed, so they do not attain the reward for following, and they do not have the same sincerity as the first one did, who may be forgiven because of his sincerity and sound intention.” (Iqtida al-Sirat al-Mustaqim (2/698, 700)
And Allah knows best. (islamqa.info)