What is belief in allah? How to believe allah?
God Almighty exists, He is one, there is no beginning or to end to His existence, He neither resembles any of the creation nor does anything in creation resemble Him. His existence does not depend on any other being; He exists by virtue of His own self. His existence is self-necessary.
- He exists by being far and beyond from being born, giving birth, being father or son, and being present in time or space. Without needing any means He is All-Knowing, All-Hearing, All-Seeing.
- He knows all that goes into the earth, and all that comes out thereof; all that comes down from the sky and all that ascends thereto and He is the Most Merciful, the Oft-Forgiving. The Unbelievers say, “Never to us will come the Hour”: Say, “Nay! but most surely, by my Lord, it will come upon you; by Him Who knows the unseen, from Whom is not hidden the least little atom in the heavens or on earth: Nor is there anything less than that, or greater, but is in the Record Perspicuous: That He may reward those who believe and work deeds of righteousness: for such is Forgiveness and a Sustenance Most Generous. (Saba, 34: 2-4)
- Allah does know what every female (womb) does bear, by how much the wombs fall short (of their time or number) or do exceed. Every single thing is before His sight, in due proportion. It is the same to Him whether any of you conceals his speech or declares it openly; whether he lies hid by night or walks forth freely by day. If you pronounce the word aloud, it is no matter: for verily He knows what is secret and what is yet more hidden. (Ar-Ra`d (Thunder), 13:8-10; Ta Ha, 20:7; Al-Qasas (The Story), 28:69; As-Sajda (Prostration), 32:6; Hud, 11:5)
In addition to having absolute and infinite knowledge, God Almighty also has absolute power. Otherwise, He would not be able to create the creation that we see around and could not sustain their existence. God Almighty introduces His Exalted Self to us as follows:
- To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decrees a matter, He says to it: “Be,” and it is. (Al-Baqara (The Cow), 2:117)
- And your creation or your resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul: for Allah is He Who hears and sees (all things). (Luqman, 31:28)
- And the Decision of the Hour (of Judgment) is as the twinkling of an eye, or even quicker: for Allah has power over all things. (An-Nahl (The Bee), 16:77)
God Almighty has absolute life and absolute will, He wishes and He does whatever He wishes. He is also qualified with the attribute of speaking (kalam), he speaks with no need for voice or letters, and He sent to humanity books via his Messengers.
God Almighty is the unparalleled creator of the universe without any partners, He is the one who creates, who keep this creation living, Who allows them to die, Who will allow them come back alive again, Who prepares bounties for His pious subjects and Who prepares torment for the evil. Allah has all the attributes which express perfection and is clear from all deficient attributes.
Prof. Dr. Bekir Topaloğlu, Article: Allah, Diyanet Islâm Ansiklopedisi Islamic Encyclopedia of (Republic of Turkey, Presidency of Religous Affairs), II, pp.488-489; Nesefî, Akâid, pp. 31-36.
Source: Dr. Murat Kaya,The Final Divine Religion: ISLAM