A Few Subtle Points from the Miraj
- Right before the Noble Prophet -upon him blessings and peace- embarked on the journey, there was the sharh’us-sadr. This indicates that a spiritual ascension requires a pure heart, in which nothing but the Divine light resides. Only after the heart is rid of its density will the manifestations of Divine secrets make their way.
- The Isra simply exhibits the eternal power and majesty of the Almighty in carrying His servant through a unique journey.
- Another point is that having been granted following the painful and distressing journey of Ta’if, the Miraj was an indication of better days to come.
- All the obligatory deeds made mention in the Quran were delivered through Jibril -upon him blessings and peace-. But as an exception, salat was commanded directly by the Almighty during the Miraj. This hints at a different kind of mystery in salat and its exceptional importance among other deeds.
Salat is indeed the pillar of religion. The maturation awaiting there is to be found in no other act. The rank of salat among other acts of worship is like the rank of the vision of the Almighty as compared to other blessings of the Hereafter. Insofar as salat is the Miraj of Believers, the moment in which servants are closest to the Lord are those in which they perform salat in deep submission and concentration. Salat is where the servant meets his Creator while still in this life. It is owing to such reasons that the Prophet -upon him blessings and peace- said that ‘salat was the light of his eye’, urging his followers even in his final breath ‘to hold fast to’ the primary deed of worship.
- The opening of the gates of heavens for the Noble Prophet -upon him blessings and peace- during the Miraj showed that his prophethood was not confined to Mecca and Ta’if, but that he was the Prophet of the Universes, whose mission extended to the whole world and even to the heavens beyond.
- The Miraj marks the final point of maturity for man, showing the final border of spiritual perfection a human being could ever attain to.
- As a journey from the Masjid’ul-Haram to the Masjid’ul-Aqsa in Jerusalem, the Isra reinforces the already strong ties between these two great spiritual centers, which were blessed with being home to numerous prophets in history. Also expressed through the journey is that encompassing all heaven-sent religions before it, Islam is the only remaining true religion in the sight of the Almighty. Another indication of this is the Prophet Muhammad’s -upon him blessings and peace- leading of the entire prophets in salat at the Masjid’ul-Aqsa.
 Nasâî, Ishratu’n-Nisa, 1.
 See Abû Dâwûd, Adab, 123-124.
- WHAT IS ISLAM?
- THE FAMILY TREE OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD SAW
- NOTIFICATION TO VARIOUS TRIBES AND INVITING THEM TO ISLAMWHAT IS FIQH IN ISLAM
- FREE ISLAMIC BOOKS READ AND DOWNLOAD PDF
- JINN HEARD THE QURAN FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HE BECAME A MUSLIM